Latest revised: March 15, 2022
Information We Collect About You
We collect the following information from users of our Website:
- Your subscriber or member ID when required to access the service
- Your telephone number when required to access the SMS service
- Information about your search activities on the Embold Health product site available to you, including name, type, or geographic information of searched health care professionals; and
- Information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Email address when required to access the email notification service
When you request customer support, our vendor will collect your contact information to address your query.
We collect this information when you fill in forms on our Website, including when you create an account, complete a survey for research purposes, or request further services, such as to view healthcare provider information, or otherwise communicate with us. We also may ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including your Internet protocol address, browser type, domain names, access times, and operating system, and details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website. We also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We collect this information in order to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website; or
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Embold Health, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Web Analytics. We use analytics software to track aggregate and anonymous user behavior on our Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its content to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, including information about providers or facilities.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We Share Your Information
Embold Health will only disclose aggregated data about our users, and data that does not identify any individual, with those who have a legitimate need for it. Whenever we permit a third party to access aggregated data, we will make sure the aggregated data are used in a manner consistent with this notice (and any applicable internal data handling guidelines consistent with the sensitive and classification of the data). Aggregated data about our users may be shared with third parties, including service providers, for legitimate purposes as follows:
- To enable third parties to provide services to us;
- To comply with our legal obligations, regulations or contracts, or to respond to a court order, administrative or judicial process, such as a subpoena, government audit or search warrant. Categories of recipients would include counter-parties to contracts, judicial and governmental bodies;
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities (such as national security or law enforcement
- To seek legal advice from external lawyers and advice from other professional advisers such as accountants, management consultants, etc.;
- As necessary to establish, exercise or defend against potential, threatened or actual litigation (such as adverse parties in litigation);
- Where necessary to protect rights, property, or safety of Embold Health, our customers, your vital interests, such as safety and security, or those of others;
- In connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of all or part of our business (such as a potential purchaser and its legal / professional advisers); or
- Otherwise in accordance with your consent.
Please note that where legal requirements limit the sharing of your data, Embold Health will respect such requirements.
The Embold Health text service may be available to you in order to find Providers in your area, via short message service (“SMS Service“). Participation in the SMS Service is not necessary to use the Website. If the SMS Service is made available to you, by registering to participate in the SMS Service, you certify that you are authorized: (i) to enroll the designated mobile phone number in the SMS Service, and (ii) to incur any mobile message or data charges that may be incurred by participating in the SMS Service.
If the SMS Service is made available to you, you may subscribe to the SMS Service by entering and submitting your mobile phone number and full name in the provided submission form available on our Website or by interacting with the SMS service via the SMS Short code provided on your medical card. By submitting this information, you consent to Embold Health contacting you on your mobile phone for the purpose of finding Providers and Facilities.
You can text STOP to stop receiving text messages from Embold Health and HELP to receive help. Following a request to unsubscribe, you will receive one final message confirming that you have unsubscribed.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an e-mail to [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of the state of California have the right to request information regarding other companies to whom we have disclosed certain categories of information during the preceding year for those companies’ direct marketing purposes. At this time, Embold Health does not disclose any information to companies for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email [email protected] or write to us at 1801 West End Avenue, Suite 800, Nashville, TN 37203.
Our Practices Regarding Children’s Information
Our Website is intended for users age 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect information from children. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone younger than the age of 18, we will delete that information.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. Currently, Embold Health does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. In addition, we deploy cookies, web beacons, and other technologies on our Website. Those tools may be used by us, our customers, and third parties to collect information about you and your Internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. While data are encrypted during the transmission or use of our Website and although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.